Our Trust’s improvement is based on partnerships with our schools where there is clarity on roles and responsibilities to ensure that improved outcomes are sustainable; it is designed to improve all academies.
Our agreement is based upon:
- What academies are expected to do for themselves;
- The way in which academies will benefit from working together to support each other’s improvement and achieve a collective responsibility and accountability for improving outcomes for children and young people;
- How the Trust will work with academies where it believes it can add value;
- When and how the Trust will intervene in an academy to ensure the needs, progress and outcomes for children and young people are secure and improving quickly.
- be led by inspirational leaders and governors who ensure that children have the best start in life, the best teaching and great opportunities to develop as individuals and children of God;
- become “Good” or “Outstanding” enabling them to make informed choices about their future;
- be an inclusive family that supports strong communities and provides leadership in our communities;
- be autonomous but work collaboratively, providing support when needed and appropriate, supporting each other to provide the very best for children
- recruit the best teachers who are focused on teaching and learning, and actively engage in their continued professional development;
- operate as a family, within the family of church academies.
The Trust will:
- be the champion of our children, families and their communities;
- facilitate creative and local solutions to secure rapid academy improvement;
- support our academies on their journey to excellence through effective challenge and support;
- be committed to supporting academies with the greatest need so that they can succeed as well as others;
- value and support all staff to succeed through quality professional development opportunities
- act swiftly to challenge governors and Principals to improve their academy’s performance with integrity and transparency in the use of our intervention powers;
- celebrate success of our academies;
- work closely with academy leaders to extend the provision of school to school support at all levels